Thursday 4 October 2007

What paint medium do I prefer to use?


In creating my artwork I prefer to use oil paints for particular reasons. Oil paint is very rich in colour whilst remaining true to nature rather than manufactured/synthetic. I always use "Artist" quality oil paint to create an original painting, this being the finest of mediums for longevity and purity of colour. Usually I don't use any additional mediums with the oil paint, preferring the consistency of the paint straight from the tube.

I'm a firm believer that an artist will gravitate towards a preferred medium which seemingly suits his disposition as well as satisfying his artistic vision. There's a wonderful array of mediums at hand these days to tackle any form of subject matter, it's good to experiment and see which medium enhances your stengths and minimizes your weaknesses. It'll come down to personal choice at the end of the day, hopefully that choice will enable the artist to create original artwork that continues to inspire the artist and onlookers alike.

No comments: